Friday, November 6, 2015

Colorful Coffee Rings

Hello, it is Shirley posting today. I am still having fun playing with the Ken Oliver Color Bursts. They sure make wonderful backgrounds. I think you will like the one on my card today.



I created the background  using the Memory Box Texture Drip Rings stencil, along with the Ken Oliver Color Bursts in Orange and Lemon Yellow. Some of my Ultramarine Color Bursts was already on the paper when I started, and that is where the green color came from. I turned the stencil over and spritzed it with water, then I added the color bursts and let it run on the stencil, then I turned the stencil back over and put it on  water color paper. The Color Bursts sure make some amazing backgrounds.

I stamped coffee beans on the  card, colored it with a marker and added the sentiment. I wanted to add something a little extra, without covering up my Color Bursts creation, so I added some Black Rhinestones.

I used a yellow card base, and added a layer of black, before adding the finished water color paper to it.

Thanks, for coming by today and taking a look at my card. Have a great weekend! 


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 


Pin It

2 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

So pretty and love the bright and happy colors. You are awesome using those Color Bursts.

irishgreensue said...

So good to see you used some bright colors with the coffee rings stencil - I always tend to just use "coffee" colors - your card is a nice day - brightener and I think the sentiment goes so well with the stamped beans - Kudos to you!!! and yes, I would like a cuppa with you!!