Monday, August 31, 2015

Cupcake Birthday

Good Morning, it is Shirley posting today. I am going to share a card with you that I made for the CCNS #100 Party Theme challenge. We are suppose to use bright colors and I think this card fits the bill.


I started my card by using a white card base and adding a lavender layer over the top of it. I then chose a colorful piece of designer paper to add over the lavender.

I used a strip of white card stock and embossed it with my Dots embossing folder. I adhered it to the bottom of my designer paper. Next I made a border using the Our Daily Bread Designs Beautiful Borders die. I put a strip of the lavender card stock behind it to enhance the beauty.

I used the Our Daily Bread Pennant Swag die, and the  Pennant Swag 2 stamps to make the Happy Birthday Banner. I added Lavender Rhinestones to the bows.

The lavender heart was made using the Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Hearts die. I also used the Dots embossing folder on it. I stamped a small cupcake, colored it with markers, and I used glossy accents on the cherry to make it shine. I then fussy cut it and added it to the heart. 

The flourishes were made using the Impression Obsession Heart Flourish die.  I added sequins to enhance the party theme.

All of the die cut pieces were attached to the card using Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive and the Art Institute Metal Tip.

I sure hope you will join us for this challenge. We are always anxious to see your creations! Party Time!!

Thank you, for stopping by today.


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 







Pin It

3 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

Bright, colorful and very fun!!

irishgreensue said...

This card shows you REALLY know how to celebrate, Shirley!! Awesome bright and happy colors, and I love the way you have used Embossing folders and all these wonderful dies to create the party look to your card!! The punched embossed heart was the perfect way to show off that yummy cupcake!!
Hugs!

Kathy Bradley said...

Very pretty card - and happy colors. You always use your dies in such an awesome way!