Thursday, August 13, 2015

Burst Poppies

Hello!  Diana here, using some of my favorites from the Classy Cards 'n Such on-line store to make a quick and fun card.


I started off with the stitched rectangle from MFT Blueprints 13, (you knew that was coming, right?), and used my Spritzer Bottle to just wet the lower left corner of the base. I then used just a little bit of the Ken Oliver Color Burst Pthalo Green. A little goes a long way!

While it was drying, I die cut Memory Box Row of Poppies, and colored it using watercolor brush pens. 

After the Color Burst was dry, I made a diagonal grid cut out using Impression Obsession Square Cutout Border. It gives such a different look just by changing the angle! You can see that I also did it for the inside of the card in the opposite direction. 

After adhering the poppies to the front of the card using Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive. For a final touch, I used a gold gel pen on the left edges of the poppies. 

Thank you for looking! 


Click any of the links below to be taken to the products from the Classy Cards 'n Such shop. Don't forget to check out the NEW section. It is loaded with new goodies! 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time... 









Pin It

1 comment:

kellymotz said...

Love the reverse diagonals. Looks cool mixing the graphic sharpness with the softer floral and watercolor burst.