Monday, May 4, 2015

I Love My Dog

It is Shirley posting today with my card for the Mother's Day Inspiration challenge. I loved the beautiful flowers in the picture  and they were my inspiration for my card.

I started with a black card base today. The three pieces of designer papers on card are from the Graphic 45 paper pad Raining Cats and Dogs.  I chose this particular paper for card because the flowers in the inspiration picture reminded me so much of the floral paper in this pack. I am sorry, but I ended up covering up most of this beautiful paper. I love this paper there are so many things one could do with it. Just the fact of all the cute dogs is enough to make me love it. The dog and two cat stamps are pictures that were cut from this paper.

I used the Heartfelt Creations Stamp Botanical Rose to stamp my flowers and leaves. I used my markers to color the flower and  I matched the color of the flowers on the paper. I used the Heartfelt Creations Botanical Wings die to cut out the flowers and the leaves. I used the Paper Blossoms Tool Kit to shape my flowers. I attached the flowers and leaves on my paper using Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.  I like using this adhesive because it dries really fast.  I used gold Micro Beads for the center of the flowers, again using the Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.

I hope you liked my card today.  Come back soon for another posting from one of our other designers.

Be sure and join us for the challenge, you just might win a prize.  I don't know about you, but I like prizes.


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thank you for stopping by!!! Until next time...




Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

Wow, Shirley, a card with this gorgeous paper and of course, the fur babies cut from it, sure make a great card! I love the way you balanced out the card with those beautiful blooms, and leaves! Even the colors are extraordinarily awesome!