Monday, November 17, 2014

Rustic Wreath

Hello everyone! It's Diana today.

One of my favorite Christmas decorations are Christmas wreaths. There's just something about them.  I love them on cards too. Today I'm sharing a card I made making a grapevine wreath against bricked background.

Diana Nguyen, Christmas, wreath, poinsettia, Impression Obsession, card

To make the brick background, I sponged some Wild Honey distress spray, on the edges and corners of my embossing folder. It's a great way to get ink into the de-bossed area to give textured cards more dimension.

To make my wreath, I first die-cut the grapevine wreath from Cottage Cutz in brown. *You could substitute the Memory Box Grapevine Wreath instead.*

 I had made the three poppies and their leaves from Poppy Stamps Small Blooming Poinsettia.  After laying them on the wreath, it was a little bare, so I added some sprigs from Impression Obsession Pine Branch.

For some shimmer on my card, I added Aztec Gold Glitter to the center of my blooms, as well as brushing each petal with my Wink of Stella Glitter Pen.

I hope you like my card and will play along in this week's Classy Cards 'n Such Christmas Blooms challenge.

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly dealsnot available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






 
Pin It

No comments: