Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Dotted Trio

Greetings, friends! Mindy with you today, sharing a holiday card that sparkles and shines with ribbons and ornaments.

Our challenge this week at Classy Cards 'n Such is Ornaments and Ribbons, and I have selected both to feature on my card.

To begin this card I decided to play with my Gelli Plate that I ordered weeks ago. For those of you who are not familiar with a Gelli Plate, it is a molded plate made from clear gelatin, alcohol and glycerin, that when mixed together form a gellied plasticized surface from which you can manipulate paints and inks and then press paper into them over and over to make pages of hand printed decorative paper.


Anyway, back to our project.  I used the Christmas Script Merry stencil from Memory Box, placed upside down on the plate and then inked over the top with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink. I then smoothed out the ink with my Brayer, removed the stencil, and pressed a 4.25" X 5.50" rectangle of Neenah white card stock down on the plate. This was the first press.(raspberry background with white letters). I then took another card stock rectangle and pressed on the stencil for the background of my card. (white background, raspberry letters).

Next, I used the circle die from Blueprints 13 set, by My Favorite Things, and cut 3 circles from Stardream Fuze Azalea metallic paper, along with a frame cut with the A2 Card Creator- Distressed Edges die set from Spellbinders.  I also ran the three circles through two embossing folders, Dots by Crafts Too, and Crowned Medallion by Anna Griffin. I then used Stickles and White Baby Pearls to decorate each of the ornaments. They were attached to the card front with Joy! Large Foam Pads for depth and dimension. I then hand tied two pink bows and adhered three strips of ribbon to attach my ornaments to. A small dimensional flower was used on one, just to make it different. I then adhered the frame around my card to cover the raw edges.

The last step was my sentiment banner, cut from the Stardream Fuze Azalea metallic paper with the Spellbinder's Distressed Edges die. Then I cut the word MERRY from the Merry Christmas Background die from PoppyStamps. To finish the banner I adhered three more White Baby Pearls, and the card was complete.

For more information on all of the supplies used, either click on the links below. 


Classy Cards 'n Such just added cute new stamps and dies to the store. Check out the NEW section here.

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






     
Pin It

No comments: