Saturday, October 25, 2014

Watercolor Blessings

Hi! It's Gracie, and today I have a card to share with you, a watercolored card.

Watercoloring is very relaxing. I had not made a watercolored card in a while, so I enjoyed making this card a lot!


I started off by heat embossing in white some pears from Inky Antics Holy Spirit's Fruit stamp set. I stamped the images trying to form an opened frame.

Then I started painting the pears with Faber Castell watercolor pencils. I usually don't color directly on the image, instead I color on a scrap piece of paper, and just pick up the colors with a wet brush, that way I don't leave pencil traces on my final image. I used various tones of greens and browns to achieve these shades.

Once done, I went ahead and die cut the colored piece of cardstock with Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A. The die cutting and embossing helps flatten the cardstock.

  
Next I heat embossed in Gold Detail a verse from the same stamp set on Heavyweight Vellum. I added the vellum across the watercolored layer, horizontally, and tucked the ends on the back.

Finally I mounted the colored layer on a leather textured card base, in sand beige, which matches the tones of the pears perfectly. To complete my design I added some Baby Pearls - LeCreme on each corner of the vellum layer.

I hope you like my card. I enjoyed making it very much.

Thanks for your visit! 


There is still time to join this week's Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Weekly Challenge label on the right side of the blog! 

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

 Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time... 





   
  
Pin It

1 comment:

joy said...

I really like this card! The softness is very appealing and paired with a great verse!