Friday, October 10, 2014

Sun-Shiny Bouquet

Hello, Shirley here today!  Sometimes when the weather is gloomy and the sun is not shining, it is nice to have a little pick me up whether you receive a cheerful card or just sit down and make one.

Just making a card and thinking of who I will send it to makes my gloomy days brighter. Cheerfulness was on my mind today as I picked the sun-shiny colors of my card.


I started out with my white card base that is cut at 4 3/4 X 5. I added the next layer Bluebell Stardream Metallic paper cut at 4 1/2 X 4 3/4, which I adhered to my card base. Next I cut a piece of white card stock 4 X 4 1/2.  I embossed it with Swiss Dots embossing folder, (but you could use the Dots folder by Crafts Too). I added my yellow checked ribbon and adhered this layer to my Bluebell Stardream Metallic mat.

Now we get to the part I like, that is where we get to decorate the card front and make it pretty. Some days I like a clean card, but today I wanted to gussy it up a little.

I used the Our Daily Bread Designs Beautiful Borders die to cut the border from the Bluebell Stardream Metallic  paper. I attached it to the left side of my card.

I then took another piece of the Bluebell Stardream Metallic paper and cut a decorative oval with the Spellbinders Elegant Ovals die. I used the JustRite Botanical Medallions and Banners stamp set to stamp the image on white card stock. I colored my image with Copic markers, used an oval die to cut out the image. I adhered the image to the elegant oval frame which I attached on the card with Joy Small Foam Pads.

Thank you for taking a look at my card today!


There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Weekly Challenge label on the right side of the blog!

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time... 





 

Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

Oh Shirley! We have a gloomy day here today too, but your sunshiney bouquet sure picked me up as soon as I saw it!! Those bright and cheerful colors, and the great embossed background, the cool border die, and the floral oval were the perfect picks to make such a HAPPY CARD!