Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Spotty the Reindeer

Polka dots, polka dots, everywhere I look!  This week's challenge is Polka Dot Christmas, and the inspiration photo tells it all. The colors in the photo guided me towards this card filled with dots. 

Mindy here, with Spotty and all the polka dots.


The yellow background with red dots spoke to me right away. So that is how I started my card. With a Sizzix Scallop Polka Dot frame die, I cut to place on my bright yellow card base.  I then attached Christmas plaid and green grosgrain ribbon across the card vertically.  The next cut came with white card stock, using the Decorative Labels Eight by Spellbinders.

Now the fun begins.  I cut two sets of the Pine Trio Background die in each color, red, green, and yellow, and mixed and matched the trees to get one color each in the grouping. I  then stamped the Majestic Deer cling stamp also by Memory Box, to position among the trees.

When cutting the Polka Dot frame die, I had all these little various size dots that fell out of the frame, so I used them to decorate the deer, and the yellow trees. The other dots were inked on with a dot stamp and some with Liquid Pearls and Baby Pearls- Red.

To complete the card I die cut the phrase Wishes to You from the Greeting Set die from Impression Obsession.  I found a less complicated way to adhere these tiny phrases that you die cut, by putting some of the Double sided adhesive Scor-Tape on the back of your card stock before you run it through your die-cut machine.  Then when you release your phrase, you pull off the backing paper and have a sticker with your tiny phrase. It is much easier than dotting on white glue and getting it on your fingers.

There are some substitutions you can find in the Classy Cards 'n Such online shop:

Trio of Trees - Impression Obsession Fir Trees
Liquid Pearls - Viva Decor Pearl Pen - Red 
Green Ribbon - Textured two tone ribbon by May Arts - Parrot green/Yellow
Yellow Background - Banana Split - Pop Tone 

I hope you have enjoyed today's card and tip, have a great week and join us for our challenge!


We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Goggle+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found. The icons below my signature make it easy to share. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






    
Pin It

No comments: