Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pine Bough

Hi, it's Jenny posting today.  I was so inspired by the colors in the challenge photo this week.  I loved those beautiful decorated cookies.

I've been collecting ornament dies and I thought it would be the perfect time to use them.  If you're like me and have some holiday supplies not getting much love, dust them off and join our challenge this week.




I first cut white and Kraft card stock panels with the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A die. I had a very different card in mind but it wasn't quite coming together so, I pulled out my Bo Bunny Mistletoe Collection paper pad, saw this beautiful red patterned paper and went a different direction.  I cut a piece of the red paper and layered it in between the two I'd cut using the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A die.  If I'd had the A2 Matting Basics B die, I would have used that instead.  These dies make perfect mats.

I cut the Memory Box Snowflake Ornament die out of white card stock and pressed it into a Versamark ink pad, making sure to ink the die cut well.  I sprinkled Silver embossing powder over the sticky inked side and then heat embossed the die. It gave the die cut such a nice finish.

I then cut a Memory Box Classic Ornament die out of the same Bo Bunny. I cut the Memory Box Snowflake Ornament die out of white card stock and pressed it into a Versamark ink pad, making sure to ink the die cut well.  I sprinkled Silver embossing powder over the sticky inked side and then heat embossed the die.  It gave the die cut such a nice finish.  I then cut a Memory Box Classic Ornament die out of the same Bo Bunny Mistletoe Collection paper that I used for the background and glued it behind the Snowflake Ornament. that I used for the background and glued it behind the snowflake ornament.

I cut two Impression Obsession Pine Branch branches, out of a dark green card stock.  I glued one down and then looped a piece of silver cord through the second before gluing it on top but slightly offset of the first die cut.  I offset the branches to create more depth and texture.  I curled up many of the pine needles to add a realistic look.

I tied a bow in the silver cord and then tucked the other end behind the ornament that I popped up using Joy! Foam Pads.

I should probably have done it earlier, but I stamped the Inky Antics Sentiment from the Bird Bath and Feeder stamp set, and then glued all of the card layers in place.  The top white panel was also popped up higher using Joy! Foam Pads to add extra interest.

Last, I cut an Impression Obsession Bird out of red card stock and nestled him between some pine needles to go with the sentiment.  Classy Cards 'n Such carries a similar set of bird dies in the store called Memory Box Resting Birds.

Thanks for looking and I can't wait to see your challenge entries! 



Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

If there is something you can't find in the store, you can click here to email the store. We have fantastic customer service and shipping.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





   


Pin It

1 comment:

Graciellie Design said...

I love this card so much. That ornament looks amazing!