Sunday, July 20, 2014

Butterfly Fence

Hi, it's Holly posting today!  I bought this gorgeous Butterfly By Fence stamp, (Impression Obsession), and once I started coloring it, I fell more and more in love with it.  I decided to keep it rustic and natural for my first card.


I stamped the Butterfly By Fence stamp onto some cream cardstock and then I colored it with Copic markers.  I took my time to add some shading and "wood texture", I love how it turned out.  I added a little sparkle by using the Wink of Stella Pen over the butterfly and the two open flowers.  Isn't that glitter wonderful?


For my background, I stamped the Wood Texture stamp, (Impression Obsession), onto some Kraft cardstock and then I sponged the edges before adhering it to an orange card base.

I adhered my butterfly piece to the background and then I sealed the whole thing with some MicroGlaze to prevent smudges and running ink.

Last, I stamped the greeting from the Anytime Sentiments set, (Impression Obsession), onto some cream cardstock, cut it out with a circle die, and then adhered it to the bottom of the card.

It's fun to combine glitter with a rustic piece like this.  It's that little unexpected touch that brings a smile to people's faces.


A great card for many occassions! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the product photos below for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...








Pin It

No comments: