Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Trio of Cards from Sarah

Sarah has a beautiful trio of cards to share today!   She has shared lots of wonderful pictures so that you can easily see what she has done.  Enjoy...

Hello and Happy New Year!

I have a little "bonus" in my creation for you today. Instead of just one card, I have three to share with you! It is a trio of cards that work well as a set. I think they would make a wonderful gift. You could just add a few envelopes and maybe stamp a pretty flourish or baroque pattern on the flaps - or even line the flaps with the same patterned paper as the card. Then just tie them up with some lovely ribbon, tulle or raffia and voila! You have a nice handmade gift for someone special!

I actually started out intending to make just one card using these Spring Market, Yacht Club & Country Estate papers by Webster's Pages, but when I finished it, I realized it would be really easy to incorporate pretty much everything I did onto more cards using a variety of the paper patterns. So... I did a couple more and soon had my set of three. I love how they turned out, and plan on making more as gift sets. And just wait until you see how easy these cards are to make!

All you have to do is start with a cardstock base card made from any coordinating color to the pattern paper you choose from these wonderful Spring Market papers designs. Then, choose another layer of cardstock in a complimentary color to go on top of it. Next, cut one of the pattern papers down to size to adhere it to that. I also added some lace ribbons and trims- Ecru Delight; Ivory Cotton Teardrop and Black Elegance. They all work so well with all of the Webster's Pages combo pack papers.

Now for the fun of adding the other embellishments! I used Spellbinder's Fancy Tags Three dies to die cut some vellum card stock. Then, I stamped and embossed my sentiments on the vellum tags. Over the vellum, I adhered this awesome coordinating Want2Scrap Nestabling. It comes in a variety of colored pearls and rhinestones, and all you do is peel and stick them! And the great thing with putting them over vellum is that you can use glue dots on the vellum right behind the bling and the adhesive won't show through!

For a little added touch of elegance, I punched out a few butterflies and dipped them in some shimmery glitter and scattered them on the cards. But you could use a variety of things like birds, flowers, etc. 

And that is it! Fast, easy and so pretty. I love simple but elegant gifts that I can make which I know my recipient will be "wowed" by ;-)











I hope you like my card set and that this has inspired you to make some cards of your own using the awesome papers and embellishments here at Classy Cards 'n Such

Wishing you many blessings for the New Year,
 
Sarah
 
Thanks, Sarah for a lovely gift idea!!! 
 
If you have any questions about these cards or any others, please feel free to email me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com.  No question is too simple and I'm happy to help you whenever I can!  Cardmaking is a fun and creative endeavor for the Design Team and me and we want to help you enjoy it too!
 
Click on the gold links above to purchase these items and much more in the Classy Cards 'n Such online shop.
 
Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...
 
 
Pin It

1 comment:

Gail Keller said...

Sarah,
Your cards are beautiful!! You are so creative! Gail