Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sarah's Shabby Valentine

Valentine's Day is just around the corner and Sarah is starting us off with another great card!

It's not far away, Valentine's Day, that is! And a few months after that will be a popular time for Spring weddings. But before the weddings will come the announcements of engagement, and showers to attend. Oh, so many reasons to make cards for love :-)

That's why, when making this Valentine, I decided to leave off a sentiment and make it so it could be used for a variety of other occasions - all having to do with love!

To start off, I made my base card out of dark brown cardstock. Then, I cut a layer of pink card stock and ran it through my embossing machine using the Hearts Embossing Folder. I sponged some brown ink over the hearts and along the distressed edges of the cardstock.

To create my centerpiece, I started with a Spellbinders Fancy Tags Three die. I die cut it twice: once with the brown cardstock and again with vellum cardstock and adhered the vellum onto the brown. I embellished that with these beautiful coordinating Want2Scrap pearls and added some little flowers. In the centers of the flowers I also added a little bling: these super pretty pink baby rhinestones. In the center of the tag I put one of these pink pearl hearts from the Nestabilities Want2Scrap line of bling (can you tell by now how much I love these?!). And in the middle of that I just added a little puffy heart sticker I found in my stash. I think any little heart would do. I put a couple of patterned paper butterflies on the corners and my card was done. 



I love pink and brown, and I love the shabby look. But most of all, I love cards that can be used for a number of occasions, and this one fits the bill. Come to think of it, it could also be used as a friendship card, or card to your sister, even a "just because I love you" card. What do you think?

I hope I have inspired you to get making some love cards of your own. With all the pretty and romantic items in this store, I am sure you'll have no trouble creating them at all!

Wishing you many blessings,
Sarah


And just in time for Valentine's cards...Romantic Sentiments from JustRite...a variety of sentiments for lots of those love occasions!  Click the gold links to go to the item in the shop.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...

Pin It

No comments: